ARTICLES ABOUT SHIDDUCHIM
- Create your phone number as a vCard with your name to send to shadchanim.
- Remember to focus on the date and building or feeling out chemistry. The venue or activity is agav.
- You don’t have to kill time with empty conversation. You could talk about tachlis without being vulnerable.
- Had a bad date at an arcade? Don’t feel bad. It’s pretty common. Arcade dates are tricky and they don’t always work. This is also true with some day dates.
- Even though you have to start a date with icebreakers, don’t forget to get back into tachlis. You could spend four hours of the date talking about ice-breakers if you don’t refocus.
- It’s important to be in touch with yourself and know what you need before entering shidduchim.*
- Walk slowly. She might be wearing heels.
- Stay positive. A bad date isn’t always a dead end; your date might have a friend they think is a better fit for you. (It happens all the time)*
- Make sure to thank the waiter, hold open the door, etc. on a date; it shows that you think about others. *
- Sometimes you may judge what your date does as socially inappropriate, be aware that it may just be a gender difference.*
- Be respectful the entire date, even if you feel that it may not work out. This person is still a human being and has feelings.*
- Never say anything negative about yourself or anyone in your family. – Rabbi Avigdor Miller*
- Daven for Siyata Dishmaya. – Heard from my mother*
*Taken from / based on rebbetzins.org
> Text the word TOPICS to 8482602602 to receive this list as a text <